Teaching a Synchronous Online Class using WebEx.
This program will discuss using WebEx to teach synchronous online courses.
This program will examine:
- Complying with ABA Standards
- Discussion of best practices for course and classroom management
- Discussion of the technology used to create, host, and share the course materials.
The following potential presenters have hands on experience with teaching online synchronous course projects and include:
- Jeff Chilcott, Instructional Technologist and AV Coordinator at Elon University School of Law, assists in media management and creation. He holds a B.A. in Film Production from the University of North Carolina Wilmington.
- Abigail Deese, Evening and Weekend Reference Librarian at Elon University School of Law, teaches basic and advanced legal research at Elon. She holds a B.A. in Classics from the College of Charleston, a J.D. from the Charleston School of Law and a M.L.I.S. from the University of Arizona.
- Kathleen McLeod, Associate Dean for Library and Information Systems at Elon University School of Law, teaches basic and advanced legal reserch courses at Elon. She holds an A.B. from Syracuse University, a J.D. from Washington University in St. Louis and a M.L.S. from Southern Connecticut State University.
- Charles Perkins, Reference/Access Services Librarian at Elon University School of Law, teaches basic legal research at Elon. He holds a B.S. from the United States Naval Academy, a M.S.L.I.S. from the Catholic University of America, and a J.D. from Seton Hall University School of Law.